What is the current position of all Infinity stones in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
We know that there are six Infinity Stones in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But as I didn't see the movies in the correct sequence I couldn't understand where the Infinity Stones are right now and who is using them.
So, can anyone please help me by telling me the current status of the Infinity stones?
All information is correct as of the latest Cinematic Universe movie: Black Panther (February 2018) & Infinity War trailers (April 2018).
- In Vision's forehead
- Seemingly giving him life.
- Formerly part of Loki's Staff from The Avengers (2012).
- Last seen in Captain America: Civil War (2016).
- Was in Odin's vault. Loki passes by it while brining Surtur's crown to the Eternal Flame in Thor: Ragnarök (2017).
- With Loki aboard the Grandmaster's ship seen within trailers for Infinity War (April 2018).
- Encased inside the 'Eye of Agamotto'
- In Doctor Strange's possession on Earth (2016).
- On Xandar with the Nova Corps at the end of The Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 1 (2014).
- Originally encased within the Orb that Star Lord retrieves at the beginning of the film
- Encased within (or in the form of) The Aether
- Assumed to still be in the possession of The Collector after the explosion on Knowhere (The Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 1 - 2014).
- It was given to him by the Warriors Three at the end of Thor: The Dark World (2013).
- Unknown at this time
- From the image provided by the Collector during The Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 1 we can assume this gem to be orange in some way.
Bonus side-note In the Cinematic Universe there are two Infinity Gauntlets - Right & Left.
The Right-Hand Gauntlet was in Loki's possession during Thor: Ragnarok. However it was shown by Hela to be a faked gauntlet.
The Left-Hand Gauntlet is in Thanos' possession at the end of The Avengers: Age of Ultron & within the Infinity War Trailers.
Pictures about "What is the current position of all Infinity stones in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?"
Do the Infinity Stones still exist in the MCU?As revealed in Avengers: Endgame, Thanos (Josh Brolin) used their power to unmake them, forcing the Avengers into committing a Time Heist to reverse the effects of the Blip. Nevertheless, the Stones continue to exist thanks to variant timelines and that Multiverse that Marvel keeps teasing.
Where is Infinity Stones now?Although the stones were destroyed in the beginning of Avengers: Endgame, Thanos had said that the stones had been reduced to atom. This had led to speculations that it was not fully destroyed. Towards the end of the movie, Captain America had returned the stones to their respective timelines in parallel universes.
Are there 11 Infinity Stones?In the Ultimate universe, there are a total of eight different Infinity Stones. Some of them were never called out by name, but it's safe to assume that at least six of them were the standard set: Space, Time, Power, Reality, Mind, and Soul.
Who has used all 6 Infinity Stones?Gamora. In last summer's Infinity Wars event, Gamora collected all six Infinity Stones and used them to fold the universe in half, collapsing Marvel heroes in to mashups of themselves like Iron Hammer and Ghost Panther, and she did it all without ever requiring a gauntlet.
Infinity Stones Timeline Tracked: Origin, History, Location in Universe, and their Future in MCU
Sources: Stack Exchange - This article follows the attribution requirements of Stack Exchange and is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.
Images: Jeremy Müller, Jeremy Müller, Faik Akmd, stein egil liland