Why does Thanos want everybody to meet back at Titan?
After getting the Space Stone in Avengers: Infinity War, Thanos again sends his minions to retrieve stones (that course of action in the past failed) and meet back at Titan.
For what purpose? If the last Stones are on earth, why not just meet there?
Snapping his finger carries consequences for the whole universe, it does not matter where he does it. So, might as well do it "at home".
Just some thoughts on why he (might have) wanted to do it on titan
- Titan is his home planet. Maybe he wanted to end his quest at the place where it began / where he came up with his plan.
- for Thanos the earth has no special meaning, it is a random planet which happened to own 2 of the stones
- had they succeeded, the minions would have been way faster at retrieving the two stones. So they would have been forced to spend more time on earth which could have lead to some problems, for example the people from earth attacking them and the minions having to defend themselves
- those are unnecessary risks on Thanos' side to lose his people
- also there would be unnecessary casualties on the earth's side (... well... I guess he probably does not really care about some dead earthlings, but I could be wrong)
- the master does not follow the minions, they go to him
Pictures about "Why does Thanos want everybody to meet back at Titan?"
Why did Thanos want to get rid of everyone?Thanos is a Titan, and he watched his home world die due to a lack of natural resources. There were too many people, but not enough food to feed everyone. His solution was simple, fair and brutal: He would kill half the population by random drawing.
Why did Thanos want to remove half the population?Many years prior to the film his planet was experiencing a cataclysmic shift. They were running out of resources, and they were overpopulated. Thanos made a recommendation that they exterminate half the population randomly in order to save the rest of the population.
What did Thanos do to Titan?Titan was plagued by overpopulation, which caused a drain on its resources and sent the Titan race hurtling towards a societal cataclysm. Thanos proposed randomly killing half the planet's population as a way to preserve their finite resources, but his plan was rejected as too extreme, and he was cast out as a madman.
Why do they go to Titan in Infinity War?Intending to personally retrieve the Reality Stone from the Collector, Thanos tasked the Black Order with obtaining the Mind and Time Stones on Earth, before bringing them to him on his homeworld, Titan.
Film Theory: Thanos Tried to Save Us, and Eternals PROVES IT!
More answers regarding why does Thanos want everybody to meet back at Titan?
I think that Thanos wanted to meet back in Titan so he could resurrect his planet and his own people with the Time and Soul Stones like he did with The Vision before he snap.